Launched in 2003, WordPress, a content management system (CMS), grew into the largest and most popular self-hosted blogging tool that helps enhance the landscape of content writing. Millions of websites from all over the world use WordPress and are visited and viewed by millions of people online. This web application allows users to create and manage various content by editing, uploading, and publishing posts that contain images, videos, audios, and many more, making WordPress a favourite CMS tool among businesses.
If you still doubt the power of WordPress, we have compiled the reasons why it is high time to switch to WordPress in running your website:
1. 100% Free – WordPress is a cost-effective way to promote your brand to target customers. Unlike other “open source” solutions, you do not have to worry about paying hidden charges when your website becomes popular. WordPress is free of charge and open for everyone.
2. Easy to Setup and Manage – It doesn’t matter if you are a newbie, setting up and managing WordPress is relatively simple. You only require a strong Internet connection and a web browser to build your website. All you have to do is to go to WordPress.com and sign up for a free account. It takes about two minutes to put up your website online.
3. Flexible – Whether you are running an eCommerce website or a personal blog, WordPress comes with extensive features and extensions that help meet all your requirements.
4. SEO-Friendly – WordPress can be optimised for search engine to boost the online visibility of your content so it can be easily seen and read by your target audience. During the WordCamp San Francisco 2009, Matt Cutts endorsed WordPress due to its easy-to-crawl framework.
5. Customisable – Due to its wide variety of plugins and themes, it makes it possible to come up with a customized WordPress template by allowing you to create and modify layouts and applications.
6. Safe and Secure – Since millions of websites are using WordPress, it is not a surprise that it has become a target for hackers. That is why WordPress has assured safety and security for all its users by constantly updating its software to prevent potential attacks.
7. Mobile-Friendly – In the past years, the population of smartphone and tablet users have skyrocketed. In order for your business to reach these potential customers, WordPress themes and layouts are designed to be mobile-responsive.
8. Handles Various Media Types – WordPress is not only for writing text. It is designed to support different media types, like images, video, and audio content to make your website more engaging to target audience. It also allows you to insert, edit, and upload multimedia files with a single click.
9. Provides More Functionality – WordPress comes with a myriad of plugins that help provide more functionality to the system’s core. It has a searchable, one-click install directory of plugins to allow developers to add their codes without editing the core.