For upcoming business owners who want to grow their business close enough to the industry hub but far enough that they can establish their own niche, their first best choice would be the suburban town of Oakville. Only 30 minutes away from Toronto City, Oakville belongs to the Greater Toronto Area and is one of the most livable towns in Canada.
What makes Oakville so attractive to investors is that it has one of those areas that offer the lowest corporate tax rates, development charges, and healthcare and utilities costs. Aside from this, Oakville also bears the following advantages:
1. Oakville has strong business organizations. Each industry sector has its own business organizations and chambers that can serve as a newcomer’s support service. These membership-based organizations are a good first step in boosting networking opportunities and relationships with the Oakville business community. It also gives you the opportunity to learn from the experiences and expertise of other members.
2. Different industries are well-represented. Because of the town’s good track record on investor relations, Oakville boasts of having companies focusing in professional and financial services, manufacturing, and IT — including automotive giant Ford Motor Company.
3. Oakville presents very favourable economic credentials. Aside from establishing peace and order, Oakville has all the necessary economic indicators that make them an ideal business hub. Around 80 percent of its residents — your potential workforce and customers — have post-secondary education and its unemployment rate is only at 7%.
Capitalizing on Oakville’s opportunities
Oakville is such an eclectic mix of both the forward-looking and the traditional that figuring out what marketing strategy to implement for your business can be an exciting challenge. The great thing about marketing is that it can also be dynamic to suit your business goals. With the economic foundations in place — a foolproof way of ensuring success for your business — all you need to do is capitalize on these opportunities so you can further grow your business.
1. Establish your position. Remember the saying, “Think big but start small?” This principle never fails: we all have big ambitions for our business, but to get there we have to take the first step. Know the kind of market you want to get first, then zoom in on that market. Once you established what you want, implement your strategy again and again until you feel confident enough that you can grow or expand your focus or reach — or both.
2. Join a club. You need to grow your business, and one of the ways to do that is to increase your influence and reach through industry colleagues. Joining a chamber will also give you access to the insights of those who have “been there, done that”. You can use this to develop your own business.
3. SEO, always. Whichever sector you belong to, your business will not be complete without SEO. SEO works simply for one important reason: your customers are online. You will not be able to reach them if you fail to establish an online presence; the most effective way of doing so is through SEO. There are SEO services in Oakville offered by various companies that can help you place your tracks in the online world. Just be very specific with what you want so you can get the best campaign that suits your needs.